Series Big Idea
James, the half-brother of Jesus, shares wisdom on how to overcome challenges that can trip us up as Christ-followers and keep us from growing to maturity. The letter of James is the closest thing we have to “wisdom literature” in the New Testament – it’s kind of like the “Proverbs” of the New Testament. The wisdom found in this short book is as relevant today as it was in the first century. It is easy to understand but challenging to follow.
MESSAGE 1 – Temptation
- Scripture: James 1:1-4, 1:13-18
- Message Big Idea: When it comes to temptation, it’s not an “if” but a “when,” and the key to maturity is how we respond.
MESSAGE 2 – Favoritism
- Scripture: James 2:1-13, I Thess. 5:11, Romans 15:7, Philippians 2:35, Galatians 5:14
- Message Big Idea: Loving all people as ourselves is a mark of maturity.
MESSAGE 3 – Words
- Scripture: James 3:1-12, Luke 6:43-45, James 1:19
- Message Big Idea: Our words are powerful and reflect the depth of our maturity.
MESSAGE 4 – Pride
- Scripture: James 4:1-10
- Message Big Idea: Maturity means humbling ourselves and drawing near to the God who draws near to us.
MESSAGE 5 – Wealth
- Scripture: James 5:1-8, Matthew 6:19-21
- Message Big Idea: When it comes to our maturity, wealth can either be a snare or a tool.
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• Series Graphic Files (Layered PSD and JPG files)
• Service Flow for each week
• Powerpoint for each week
• HD Bumper Video