Series Big Idea
The Holy Spirit is present in the life of every Christ-follower. He wants to transform us into persons who reflect the love, grace, and justice of Jesus. He wants to empower us to restore God’s dream for this world. The question is: Are we open to the Holy Spirit?
To be “open” means both that we are receptive to the transforming presence of God and willing to be empowered by God. This three-week series challenges us to be open to all God wants to do in us and through us. (NOTE: This series is based on concepts and teachings in Scot McKnight’s book Open to the Spirit.)
MESSAGE 1 – Open to the God In Us
- Big Idea: When we are open to the Spirit, we will experience life more and more like Jesus.
- Scripture: John 14:16-17, Matthew 3:16-17, John 1:32-34, Acts 10:37-38
MESSAGE 2 – Open to the God Who Transforms
- Big Idea: When we are open to the Spirit, we will be transformed to become more and more like Jesus.
- Scripture: John 14:16-18, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Galatians 5:22-26, Ezekiel 36:26-27
MESSAGE 3 – Open to the God Who Empowers
- Big Idea: When we are open to the Spirit, we will be empowered to do even greater things than Jesus did.
- Scripture: Matthew 12:22-28, John 14:8-14, Acts 2:1-4, Ephesians 1:17-21
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• MP3’s of each message