Series Big Idea
The Old Testament tells the story of God and the people of Israel B.C., Before Christmas. During the time of the kings, God sent prophets to speak words of wisdom, instruction, and warning. These prophets had names like Micah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Malachi. Unfortunately, very often the kings and their people ignored the words of the prophets and the results were disastrous. Standing on the other side of this B.C. history, we discover that Jesus fulfilled the Messianic prophecies spoken long ago. During this series, we will discover that not only was Jesus the Savior the people of Israel had been waiting for, he is the Savior we need now.
MESSAGE 1 – MICAH: A PROMISE OF PEACE
- Big Idea: Through Jesus we can now experience peace.
- Scripture: Micah 5:1-5a, Luke 2:4-7, Romans 5:1-2 John 14:27, Matthew 5:9
MESSAGE 2 – ISAIAH: A REASON FOR FAITH
- Big Idea: When life feels uncertain, we don’t have to fear because Jesus is King.
- Scripture: Isaiah 6:1, Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6-7, Luke 1:26-35, Matthew 1:20-25, John 18:36-37, Revelation 19:16
MESSAGE 3 – JEREMIAH: A VISION OF HOPE
- Big Idea: In Jesus, we find hope for the future that changes our present.
- Scripture: Jeremiah 31:31-34, Jeremiah 33:14-16, Luke 2:4-7, 2 Corinthians 5:21
MESSAGE 4 – MALACHI: A SIGN OF LOVE
- Big Idea: Jesus came to show us how much we are loved.
- Scripture: Malachi 1:1-2, Malachi 3:1-4, Luke 1:11-17, Luke 1:26-38, Mark 1:2b-4, John 1:29-31, Romans 5:6-8, Titus 3:3-7
CHRISTMAS EVE – B.C / A.D.
- Big Idea: Jesus’ birth changed time, changed the world and this Christmas, can change us.
- Scripture: Luke 2:1-20
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• MP3’s of each message
• Service Flow for each week
• Series Graphic Files (AI and JPG files)
• Powerpoint for each week (except Christmas Eve)
• Series Bumper
• Extended Christmas Eve Bumpers
• Special supplemental storytelling videos for each of the prophets (Wks 1-4)