Series Big Idea
All of us have heard (or said) familiar Christian axioms that try to communicate wisdom in a few memorable phrases. These are the sayings we find on bumper stickers sold at the local Christian bookstore.
“God won’t give you more than you can handle.”
“God helps those who help themselves.”
“Everything happens for a reason.”
“God is my co-pilot.”
But are these statements really true? In this series, we’ll examine each of these sayings in light of the teachings of Scripture asking, “Is it Biblically sound or just sound Biblical?”
MESSAGE 1 – God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle
- Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:13, James 1:17, Psalm 46:1-3, 1 Peter 5:7, John 16:33, Galatians 6:2
- Message Big Idea: God will help you handle all you’ve been given.
MESSAGE 2 – God Helps Those Who Help Themselves
- Scripture: 2 Thessalonians 3:6-12, Leviticus 23:22, Proverbs 21:13, James 1:27
- Message Big Idea: Through his people, God helps those who can’t help themselves.
MESSAGE 3 – Everything Happens for a Reason
- Scripture: Matthew 10:28-29, Genesis 1:28, Genesis 3:1-7, Romans 8:28
- Message Big Idea: God can use everything that happens for a reason.
MESSAGE 4 – God is My Co-Pilot
- Scripture: Galatians 2:20; Matthew 19:16-22; Mark 8:34-36, Exodus 19:1-20:21
- Message Big Idea: If Jesus is your co-pilot, switch seats!
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• Service Flow for each week