Series Big Idea
In this 3-week series, we’ll encourage people to defy the gravitational pull of our “me-first” culture that keeps so many followers of Jesus from growing in generosity. We’ll reinforce the Generosity Ladder and we’ll help people understand that being generous is part of our design for human flourishing. Our hope with this series is to help apprentices of Jesus grow in generosity.
MESSAGE 1 -THE PULL OF CULTURE
- Big Idea: Jesus reveals the way to defy the gravitational pull of our culture and live a life of generosity.
- Scripture: Matthew 6:19-34, Galatians 5:16-26
MESSAGE 2 – CREATED TO CLIMB
- Big Idea: We are created to defy the gravitational pull of our culture by living generously.
- Scripture: Genesis 1:26-30, John 3:16, Mark 10:45, 2 Corinthians 9:6-11
MESSAGE 3 – STEPPING UP TOGETHER
- Big Idea: Together we encourage and challenge one another to defy gravity and live generously.
- Scripture: 2 Corinthians 8:1-9
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• MP3’s of each message
• Service Flow for each week