Series Big Idea
A Hero Maker is a person who shifts from being the hero to making others the hero in the unfolding story of God’s kingdom. Jesus is the ultimate Hero Maker! The focus of his ministry on earth was on investing in the lives of twelve apprentices to equip and empower them to carry his mission forward. And these twelve apprentices weren’t just heroes themselves; they became Hero Makers too. This whole movement of Hero Makers ended up turning the world upside down! Content is based on the book, Hero Maker by Dave Ferguson and Warren Bird from Zondervan.
MESSAGE 1 -THINKING LIKE A HERO MAKER
- Big Idea: Thinking like a hero requires a shift from thinking I need to be the hero of the story to deciding to make heroes of others.
- Scripture: Mark 1:16-20, Mark 3:13-19, Matthew 28:18-20
MESSAGE 2 – SEEING LIKE A HERO MAKER
- Big Idea: Seeing like a Hero Maker requires a shift from focusing on my own abilities and gifts to envisioning what God could do through the lives of others.
- Scripture: Matthew 4:18-20, Luke 10:1-17, John 14:12-14, John 20:21
MESSAGE 3 – LIVING LIKE A HERO MAKER
- Big Idea: Living like a Hero Maker requires a shift from “information sharing” to “life sharing” as we intentionally overlap our lives with others.
- Scripture: Mark 3:13-15, John 3:22
MESSAGE 4 – BLESSING LIKE A HERO MAKER
- Big Idea: Blessing like a Hero Maker requires a shift from holding on to God’s blessing to giving God’s blessing.
- Scripture: Luke 24:50-51, 1 Peter 2:4-5, 1 Peter 4:9-10, Ephesians 4:11-13
MESSAGE 5 – WINNING LIKE A HERO MAKER
- Big Idea: Winning like a Hero Maker requires a shift from counting my own successes to counting Kingdom successes.
- Scripture: Matthew 20:16, Matthew 20:20-28, Matthew 6:33, Matthew 6:10, Matthew 10:7-8, Luke 4:42-44
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• MP3’s of each message
• Service Flow for each week
• Series Graphic Files (PSD and JPG files)
• Powerpoint for each week
• Hero Maker Stories video
Note – the series bumper for this series is not available.