Series Big Idea
This four-week series is all about making room in our lives for God to do whatever he wants to. As we move forward in this season of breakthrough, we are asking God to do what only He can do in us and through us. We’re asking him to breakthrough in our lives, our relationships, our church, our city, and our world. We’ll learn how the practices of fasting, prayer, and Sabbath can make room for the Holy Spirit to work in our lives as we continue to grow as apprentices of Jesus.
MESSAGE 1 – BREAKTHROUGH
- Big Idea: Breakthrough involves surrender, a turning away from anything that is keeping us from whole-heartedly living as apprentices to Jesus.
- Scripture: Matthew 4:17, 2 Peter 3:9, James 5:13-20
MESSAGE 2 – FASTING
- Big Idea: Fasting is not a magic bullet to get what you want, but a response to a sacred moment.
- Scripture: Matthew 6:16-18, Matthew 4:1-4, Joel 2:12-15
MESSAGE 3 – PRAYER
- Big Idea: Prayer is communicating with God about ourselves and others.
- Scripture: Luke 11:1, Luke 11:3, Ephesians 6:18, Luke 18:1-8
MESSAGE 4 – SABBATH
- Big Idea: Sabbath is not a legalistic rule but an invitation to human flourishing.
- Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30, Genesis 2:2-3, Exodus 20:8-11
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• MP3’s of each message
• Service Flow for each week
• Series Graphic Files (PSD and JPG files)
• Powerpoint for each week
• Series Bumper