Series Big Idea
We all long for strong, stable, solid relationships. But how do we build them? Each week of this series examines an aspect of relating to others that can help us grow closer to our relationship goals. And we’ll learn that a loving relationship with God is the foundation that equips us to love others.
MESSAGE 1 – Connection Goals
- Big Idea: The only on-ramp to connection in relationships is vulnerability.
- Scripture: Genesis 2:25, Genesis 3:1-13, Genesis 3:21, Galatians 3:26-27
MESSAGE 2 – Conflict Goals
- Big Idea: Conflict is inevitable, how we respond is our choice. Conflict is not something to avoid; it’s an opportunity to follow Jesus the peacemaker.
- Scripture: Romans 12:18, Ephesians 4:26-27, Luke 9:23, Philippians 2:3-8, John 13:3-5, Matthew 5:38-39, Matthew 5:23-24, Matthew 18:21-22
MESSAGE 3 – Communication Goals
- Big Idea: Because we are heard by God, we can grow as a listener.
- Scripture: James 1:19, Proverbs 18:13, Luke 18:35-43
MESSAGE 4 – Commitment Goals
- Big Idea: We were not created to master commitment outside of our connection to God.
- Scripture: 1 John 3:18, Romans 5:5, Genesis 29 (Jacob and Rachel)
• Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
• Small Group Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
• MP3’s of each message
• Service Flow for each week
• Series Graphic Files (Layered PSD and JPG files)
• Powerpoint for each week
• HD Bumper Videos (2 options)
• Week 2 Handout