Series Big Idea
The Sermon on the Mount contains Jesus’ teachings on how life in the Kingdom of God, the Jesus way, is meant to be lived. His intention is that we would do the things he taught. Through the Sermon, Jesus calls all of us to answer this question: “Will you follow me?”
MESSAGE 1 – The Way
- Big Idea: Finding YOUR WAY back to God means giving allegiance to Jesus as THE WAY back to God.
MESSAGE 2 – An Upside-Down Way
- Big Idea: The way of Jesus involves an upside-down way of thinking about who is really blessed.
MESSAGE 3 – The way to Read the Bible
- Big Idea: The way of Jesus challenges us to ask: “What does love require of me?”
MESSAGE 4 – The Way to Significance
- Big Idea: The way of Jesus exposes our misguided pursuit for significance and invites us into a better way.
MESSAGE 5 – The Way to Freedom
- Big Idea: The way of Jesus disentangles us from our enslavement to wealth and possessions.
MESSAGE 6 – The Way of Wisdom
- Big Idea: The only proper response to the Sermon on the Mount is to follow the King in the ways of his Kingdom.
- Sermon Manuscripts in MS Word
- Weekly Discussion Guide with Leader’s Guide in MS Word and PDF
- MP3’s of each message
- Service Flow for each week